Sunday, May 6, 2007

A NIGHT IN NANA’S SINGLE LIFE

I’ve been single for quite sometime now… A first for me. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always had a boyfriend so all these are pretty like new to me J. Going out now doesn’t include a particular someone. I’ve been used to dates and I’m just starting to get used to going out again with different people and friends.

Let me just share my day last Saturday. I didn’t have plans that day except meeting Vivian for dinner. This dinner was long overdue coz I haven’t seen her for the longest time and we’ve always planned to meet up each other but for some reasons, either one of us will cancel the meeting.

12:00 pm: I woke up, had lunch and watched The Queen on DVD…

2:00 pm: I took a nap hehehe.

5:00 pm: I woke up again and took my bath. I blow dried my hair and picked my outfit. I wore my denim ragged mini skirt, an empire cut floral spaghetti strapped top and my favorite black high Havaianas. So summer! Anyways, I was going to the dentist first (something I’ve been meaning to do since I received by med card). I texted my friend if he could accompany me coz I’m scared of dentists. Especially now that I think all four of my wisdom tooth needs surgery. They’re hurting like hell nowadays. I texted also Tiff and Victor if they’d like to join me and Vivian to dinner. My friend didn’t reply (I think it’s either he doesn’t have load or has drained battery on his way home). Tiff has dinner with her family but might come later while Vic was in Fuego, resting (lucky him!). Then, I left for the dentist. The dentist I chose has clinic there in Kingswood. When I arrived, I didn’t realize that it was only by appointment. Disappointed, I made an appointment next Saturday. With that, I was still early for my dinner date with Vivian.

5:30 pm: I decided to pass by my Tita Nene’s office in Greenbelt to make “chika”. I always enjoy my talks with Tita. I missed her office because I was once a “tambay” there for quite a while. She said she’ll ride with me to Greenbelt on her way home.

7:15 pm: Tita and I drove to Greenbelt. She went me to the parking and then when we went up to the mall, we parted ways. She was going home to Moonwalk while I was meeting Vivian in Fuzion.

7:30: I saw Vivian and Omar waiting for me outside the restaurant. My friendship with Vivian goes all the way back from high school. We never fell out of touch and I’m grateful for having someone like her as a friend. When they saw me, she said that I was so thin daw (well, I get that often nowadays). We took a table outside and placed our orders. I had Carbonara and iced tea, Vivian got a cheese burger while Omar had lemon chicken with rice. The friend I texted before I went to the dentist texted that his batt was drained and he was already on his way home the time I texted. (See? I was right!) Anyways, as usual, Vivian and I had chika nonstop. She graduated top of her class in UP Law school (I’m so proud of her!) and will be taking the bar this September. We talked about Abby, on how she looks cute pregnant and how much we missed her. We talked about our high school days, how our batch mates are now, friendster people, politics, my non-existent love life, my dramas, our exes, and their “naudlot” na engagement. Of course we had to talk about their future wedding, “Encantadia” theme and everything. I’m one of the bridesmaids and apparently the Sun Fairy. Okay fine, I only agreed to wear bright yellow (definitely not my color for goodness sake!) with wings, because one, she’s one of my closest friends and two, provided that it’s a tube gown. So we ended dinner, with “beso-beso” and a promise that I will pray for her bar exams. After that, I went to sketchbooks to buy the 10th anniv issue of Cosmo because the magazine stand near the ticket booths was out of stock. On my way to the car, I texted Erwin. I didn’t feel like going home yet. Erwin replied saying that he was with Boyet and we could meet up at Bonifacio High Street.

9:30 pm: I met up with Erwin and Boyet at Coffee Bean. They ordered coffee and cheesecake while I had vanilla shake. It was so hot and humid outside. Peak of summer, I guess. I excused myself to look for “teps” for me and Erwin. While I was talking on the phone with Yna and Jay (they are asking if I can meet them at Gilligan’s), I saw my college friends drinking at this restaurant: Paolo, Dicky, Arjay and Agie. We exchanged hellos and good banter for a while then I had to excuse myself again to go back to my friends. I also saw my good friend Celine. I was so thin daw (see told you that I get that often). I told her that’s what happens if you don’t have boyfriend. Then she looked at herself and love struck as she was, she said, “oh really, therefore it’s okay lang”. She was with her boyfriend and they look great together. I’m happy for her J After Coffee Bean, we went to Boyet’s friend’s restaurant (Miss Desserts) at Serendra. She served us the most delicious low fat carrot cake that I ever tasted! Yummy! It was already 12 am and by this time, Yna was texting non-stop to meet them na at Gilligan’s. So I made paalam to leave for Gilligan’s in Park Square.

12:30 am: I met up with Jay and Yna at Gilligan’s. Jay’s my guy best friend ever since my grade school days and Yna’s his better half who I adore. We exchanged stories till like 2 am then Dwight arrived with his friends. Dwight is Yna’s best friend. They introduced me to him sometime February this year, I think. We became text mates, with him always starting the text with “Hi nana,J” I never forgot the time when I came home from gimik at 2am. Dwight and I were texting and I mentioned that I felt like eating Siomai. So there was Dwight arriving at past 2am at our house with North Park’s siomai. Touched ako J. So not just because of the Siomai but also because of the nice person that he is, we became friends. This sparked the never ending teasing of Yna and Jay. Anyways, after Dwight and his friends left, Jay got our bill. Right after that, two kids selling flowers approached Jay. He bought one for me and one for Yna. I panicked at first. You see when we were in Ilocos, in all the churches that we visited, I consistently wished for 3 things: for my family, career and love life. Regarding the last one, I told Him that I was already tired getting hurt but I don’t mind waiting this time as long as the next one would be The One. The sign that I asked for was flowers. Not just ordinary flowers, he must give me the particular arrangement of flowers that I liked. So when Jay gave me the rose, I thought this was not counted because first, Jay’s my best friend and he’s happily with Yna, God wouldn’t want that and second, the flower was not the one I wanted. Yeah, I like roses but not the way it was presented that time. So, di counted yun! J So while I was driving on my way home after that I thought that I had to post a blog about this night. This will be one of the many Saturdays in my new single life: with my friends, meeting old and new people and just enjoying the moment….

No comments: